Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Where are all the You Tube Videos to bac...
Where are all the You Tube Videos to back up claims of downgraded of software?

4005 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2015-08-11 09:28:03

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-08-03 15:48:16
     Hey you Cry Babies Where is the video proof? Compare older to newer software versions on the same vehicle and post on You tube and post some links to them here .

•   Level 6   
    (475) points
    RLAFFECT

2015-08-03 21:31:31 (Reply to:witsend)

how can  i compare  the older software  to the newer software.  you do understand  when  we all did updates   the older software  was gone and replaced  with the newer software.  i wish  i still had  the older versions.   dumb ass

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-08-03 22:49:15 (Reply to:RLAFFECT)
       Not saying you can use the same Maxisys for comparing the old to the new.  If no one has a friend or co worker with an early release maxi sys  that updates expired before august 2014  before the time the factory logos were removed and other downgrades allegedly started to happen,  then there are guys with plenty of expired older slower DS708s still in working order that were not updated past August of 2014 that still have VIN write capabilities and immobilizer key programming abilities that if on video it is shown to work on an older DS708 platform but  not an up to date Maxisys that does not offer the feature , or cannot perform it , that video would  present more than hearsay evidence of alleged down grading and be better way to get attention than crying about it on a forum. Presently only see older videos singing praises and showing capabilities of the tool then , were the functions may no longer exist on newer updates if you guys are right.

•   Level 4   
    (107) points
    HI_TECH

2015-08-04 01:42:22 (Reply to:witsend)

I don't think it is necessary to call them cry babies. I've only had my 908p for couple months, so i can't confirm this. However, those who've had it longer and the ongoing lawsuit with ford, i wouldn't be surprise if Autel did to some degree reverse engineer it. 

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-08-05 13:05:44 (Reply to:witsend)

mate you have been a member since 2013 are you seriously trying to tell me you haven't noticed the steady downgrading of the maxisys if you haven't then you obliviously haven't upgraded it or don't use it  as for posting videos i don't have the spare time to do it.

as it is i waste far to much time sending logs on stuff that doesn't work.

•   Level 6   
    (516) points
    hondaman219

2015-08-05 18:01:01 (Reply to:witsend)

Look at the posts lately .......The last couple of months its been full of complaints I have had this tool since oct. last year. When I first got this tool I was amazed. This thing does things that other scan tools couldn't. It should be illegal. Well I guess it was.......All the software mimicked. the oem tools. It was hard to learn how to navigate how each manufacture set up there software. For the most part everything worked. Thanks to ede65 I did back up my software so I can go back and compare the software. The newer software is more uniform in design. Had to change the oem formats. Some things worked well like vin read on older models. Having the right models for the usa region. Manual vehicle entry. Easy to find functions.  Some things went wrong. A lot of the special functions and data are propitiatory to the oem's and I'm sure they removed more than the oem logos. In the process of rewriting the software (hard to beat oem software.....Like it had) Things got lost, rewritten and broken.Some examples A jeep liberty showing wheel speed 0-400 mph? MAF wrong units Confusing data that you cant trust. pontiac vibe no comm with abs srs. Old version works. Toyota version works. Chrysler showing odo and wheel speed in kph and i am in usa. Stupid things all over the place A lot of special functions quietly disappeared. I personally thank ede65. Without his help I would have never found alot of the problems till I actually needed it. That would suck to be in the middle of a job to have your tool say This Function Is Not Supported. Ede65 spent countless hours testing this tool for all of us. I would trust anything he said.European software seems to still be good not many posts of problems yet. This new system update v1.29 is a joke. To stick a disclaimer on the tool to cover your ass from lawsuits is just an excuse. We all know this tool is not perfect. We just do not want it to get worse than when we bought it. Updates are suppose to be a good thing.Do you think snapon would sell many tools if they told the customer this may fry your car so be careful and it may not do everything it was suppose to and updates may fix things or remove things. Ede65 tried to fix this tool but autel would not listen. I still love my tool but currently i am afraid of what is to come next. I have not updated since v1.29 update. Sucks that I cant load any more cars till I do the system update. I would like to see the system updates like the cars and obd2 and vci. Download it if you want. Or Not. I have saved all previous versions since jan so I may just live with what I have now. I miss ede on the forum. Sorry for the long drawn out post.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-08-07 19:09:22 (Reply to:busaman)
     Sorry for calling anyone a crybaby, Though a member since 2013  I still only have my original DS708 that expired almost a year ago. I was very interested at first in a MS908 P but reading about all the lost functions on software updates, limited success using it's  J2534 device for programming and significantly higher updating costs, but now  I have Cold Feet now to sell my DS708  to purchase the better faster platform and then  to loose some OE functions adding some new car model coverage. Ede was very frustrated and vocal about lost functions , thought he mentioned he had  11 MaxiSys in the shop or general area , figured maybe one of the earlier ones sold , the updates expired before the factory logos were removed and subsequent alleged downgrading of software occurred. I Just figured with all the complaints on hear I could find something referrred and posted on You Tube to prove there has been some downgrading of OE functions by showing the older software can  do something on a car that the new software can't on the same car.

•   Level 5   
    (345) points
    Costee

2015-08-08 02:17:48 (Reply to:witsend)

You don't need You Tube to prove that this device has lost its original usefulness, except you are implying that the various dedicated forum members who have been using this tool are deliberately lying in order to bring Autel into disrepute. Just why would they want to do that!

•   Level 8   
    (2559) points
    busaman

2015-08-08 03:13:39 (Reply to:witsend)

for the time being keep your 708 it might be old and clunky but its working.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend
    2015-08-10 12:33:22 (Reply to:Costee)
    Plenty of people took the time and posted you tube videos about a year or more ago showing things a DS 708 or a Maxi Sys was" able "to do  and prospective buyers most likely latched on and watched old you tube videos that influence them to  purchase a tool rather than reading current  complaints on a forum based on actual experience of users with the current software and then having reservations to buy one until the problems are resolved and lost functions restored and new ones added besides just adding some new vehicle coverage.
      Find the same make and model cars  of an old you tube videos and try to find and do the same procedure of the old you tube video , post the new video of the better newer tool with newer software, and show that the newer platform and software is no longer offering the function or failing to perform what it lists on the menu. Post the links of  both the old video and new video  on the forum.It would likely get more views ,attention  and faster response time to fix then posts on a forum and datalogs sent
  Total2 Pages